Unlimited storage and extreme smoothness
As Internet, IoT, AI and other emerging technologies continue to penetrate in various sectors, enterprises have increasing demand for real-time data operations. In this case, flash arrays with the superior performance and stability become the first choice for enterprise storage acceleration. HF5000G5 mid-end all-flash storage owns a leading NVMe architecture, intelligent all-flash algorithms, and powerful scalability, which can provide enterprises with ultra-high-performance storage services.
- All-flash NVMe: NVMe is an extended host controller interface, mainly created to accelerate the transfer of data between enterprise and client systems and solid-state drives (SSDs) over the PCIe bus. It can maximize the potential of the flash array. In addition, NVMe is directly connected to the host through the PCIe bus, reducing IO scheduling and shortening the IO path, providing a guarantee for low latency. HF5000G5 with the new NVMe architecture can minimize the latency to 0.1ms. Thus, it can provide customers with extremely fast and smooth storage services.
- Scale-Out: HF5000G5 allows online horizontal scalability, with a maximum of 16 controllers and TB-level cache. Thus, it enables that the customer’s storage resources grow exponentially, performance increases linearly, and meets the changing business needs easily.
- Optimized all-flash algorithms: When data is written, it sequentially performs data compression, stripe aggregation, and overall data brushing operations to effectively reduce SSD write amplification. Meanwhile, the system uses wear leveling (WL) and preemptive wear leveling (PWL) to ensure SSD average lifespan. Also, the system supports global garbage collection and TRIM to reduce the removal of invalid data in the disk and extend the SSD lifespan, thereby improving system performance.
- Support Optane (first in China): Intel® Optane? uses NVMe and SCM to eliminate the constraints of NAND flash sequential write and erase before write. Thus, it reduces access delay to 0.02ms, and greatly improves the access speed and lifespan of the hard drive. Optane helps to achieve a performance that is 70% higher than that of SAS all-flash, thereby providing customers with best storage services.
- Intelligent data reduction chip: HF5000G5 realizes the data deduplication and compression through the built-in chip. Each controller is equipped with two data reduction engines and does not occupy CPU resources. Compared with the previous hard compression, the performance is improved by 30%. Meanwhile, the data reduction ratio reaches 5: 1, which can greatly increase the storage density and reduce the storage cost.
Reliable sharing and 24/7 online
HF5000G5 adopts Active-Active architecture and fully redundant design of key components. Together with high-reliability data protection solutions such as remote replication, active-active, three data centers with two variants, HF5000G5 can achieve 99.9999% reliability (six nines) and 24/7 business continuity.
- Active-Active: HF5000G5 adopts the industry-leading Active-Active storage architecture, and the volume has no attribution concept. IO is handled by multiple controllers, which helps achieve load balancing between controllers, eliminate controller’s performance bottleneck, and improve system availability. When any controller fails, other controllers can take over the business to ensure business continuity.
- Highly-reliable hardware redundancy: The fully modular redundant architecture ensures no single point of failure (SPOF) for key components. Passive backplane is used to improve system reliability. It also supports online hardware expansion, online firmware upgrade, online system maintenance, and power loss data protection. Combined with a variety of data protection mechanisms, HF5000G5 guarantees RPO = 0, RTO = 0, 99.9999% reliability (six nines).
- Safe and reliable gateway-free active-active solution: Nowadays, mission-critical reliability indicates not only high performance but also business continuity. Free from the virtual gateway, HF5000G5 adopts an advanced active-active technology for business continuity, application high-availability, RPO = 0 and RTO = 0. When any storage device has a disaster, other controllers can take over the business and maintain service access through a comprehensive arbitration mechanism and auto switchover mechanism. On the basis of active-active, it can easily extend to the configuration of three data centers with two variants; which means high availability between different data centers and extra data protection.
Intelligent management and easy maintenance
Inspur has developed Inview, a special intelligent management software. Inview manages all Inspur storage resources in a unified manner and realizes system status monitoring, timing snapshot protection, and easy deployment of disaster recovery solutions. Also, HF5000G5 implements uniform management of external storage resources through heterogeneous virtualization. The combination enables unified management of both internal and external storage resources, which greatly simplifies maintenance and reduces TCO.
- Inview: Inview supports uniform management of Inspur AS2000G2, AS5000G2, AS5000G5, HF5000G5, HF6000G5 and SDS AS13000. Basic information, usage and performance statistics, alarm notices, unified management and real-time multi-cluster monitoring of the above products are supported on the same management interface. More importantly, Inview builds a cross-platform disaster recovery solution with timing snapshot and multicopy replication, leading to enhanced data security.
Well-functioned cloud data center
HF5000G5 supports intelligent cloud tiering and allows public, hybrid and private clouds to interact. Cache, disaster recovery, backup and other functions are available in the cloud environment, which guarantees data security and facilitates enterprises in cloud deployment.
- Intelligent cloud tiering (unique in the industry): It allows the interaction between multiple cloud systems, such as AWS, Azure, Inspur Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, and Openstack. HF5000G5 enables the following features in the cloud environment: cache, disaster recovery, backup, etc. Users can backup data to the cloud without purchasing backup software, which reduces backup complexity and improves data security. Combine the cost-effectiveness and scalability of cloud storage with the local data center architecture to make sure seamless flow of data between the local data center and the public cloud.